MechCommander Gold had: primitive or prototype items? SRMs vectored indirectly?

Discussions relating to the CBT, MechWarrior, or Dark Age series of PnP board, Console, or PC games. Trade tips and strategies.

Moderator: Ravion Hawk

eLMsm
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

MechCommander Gold had: primitive or prototype items? SRMs vectored indirectly?

Post by eLMsm »

I played MechCommander Gold some decades ago, and I noticed that game sort of seemed to not have weapons nor equipment nor movements’ speeds nor jump jets of Inner Sphere units that were consistent with that of published BattleTech Master Rules (they were later edited for publication of Total Warfare) . So were those inconsistencies actually not inconsistencies; but instead consistent with Interstellar Operations rules for primitive or prototype weapons, equipment, and units? Jump jets appeared to be prototype jump jets given that the MechWarriors, that I commanded, had to make PSRs when using said jump jets to avoid falling. I also noticed that that game allowed me to vector SRMs indirectly over hills, walls, and woods. Were those SRMs the "newer" "modern" versions of Listen-K--- Missiles? And, Clan Smoke Jaguar units seemed harder than normal (standard) to defeat given that we players were apparently using primitive or prototype items in MCG. Leave it to Microsoft to have that good surprise sense of humor. :lol: :) :D
When do I “retreat” ? Only when I want to re+treat myself to eating cookies here in VT of USA. Here in VT, outside temperatures can get very cold; I suppose my miniatures won’t get overheated, ha ha.