CBT Games at Myth Games in Calgary, AB for 2009.

Discussions relating to the CBT, MechWarrior, or Dark Age series of PnP board, Console, or PC games. Trade tips and strategies.

Moderator: Ravion Hawk

Heimdall

CBT Games at Myth Games in Calgary, AB for 2009.

Post by Heimdall » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:29 pm

And so it begins again...with a schedule of games similar to the previous years.

However, Myth will be my primary venue as it is far easier access for those in wheelchairs.

Heimdall

Post by Heimdall » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:31 pm

CBT: Dead Man's Gulch (An Introduction to the CBT Boxed Set)

"It should have been a simple raid but then we were separated, fortunately the defenders had split up to scout for us ... or we would have been done for ... as it is the Gulch earned its name that day."

This event will allow players to learn the basics of the game from the new Boxed Set for Classic Battletech. If you are new this is a perfect way to learn and if you are a more experienced player this is all old school and gets you back to the basics! As well as a decent refresher for those that haven't played in awhile.

All materials will be provided for play and the rules of the game will be taught before and during play for any that would like to come out and learn how to play Classic Battletech.

The scenario will be challenging and fun for all levels of experience so I would encourage everyone to come out and enjoy a fun game.

For those with the Boxed Set you may want to bring the Introductory Rule Book and the cardstock tables for reference but they are not necessary to play.

Event: Dead Man's Gulch (An Introduction to CBT)
Where: Myth Games #4 3434 34th AVE NE; Phone: 769.1909
When: February 7, 2009 12:00pm (noon)

Heimdall

Post by Heimdall » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:52 pm

CBT: Hounds Have at It Again!

"After a series of successful training exercises, Colonel Harone decides to test the Hounds one last time in the extreme before accepting the new contract...do you have what it takes to succeed?"

For the Hades Hounds players, please bring your entire lance as you may well get to use them all. You will be teamed with other players and there will be sides. Each team will have a set of objectives and there will be other complications to make it interesting such as optional rules from the sourcebooks Tactical Operations and Strategic Operations.

Players that have not yet joined the Hades Hounds Campaign will be able to join in to play as well and check things out. Units and record sheets will be available for you. So if you have an urge to play CBT please come and join us, you will be most welcome.

Now is your chance to beat up on everyone else in the Hounds, will you be able to take it all and survive to claim victory?

Most materials will be provided for play, though if you have a favorite set of dice I encourage you to bring them. Players of all levels of experience are welcome and encouraged to participate. The Total Warfare rules are the rules set in use for this scenario as is some of the material from Tactical Operations and Strategic Operations.

For those that have these books and your own lance record sheets please bring them.

All walk-ins are more then welcome to pull up a chair and jump on in. You will be provided pre-generated forces to use. The game and its rules will be taught as required.

I hope to see you there.

Event: CBT: Hounds Have At It Again!
When: February 28, 2009 11:00am

Heimdall

Post by Heimdall » Tue May 19, 2009 3:42 pm

Calgary Battletech League - Match #2

The return of the Calgary Battletech League after a few years hiatus.

If you would like to join the League as a full member please contact me.

Drop-ins are welcome and material will be provided for you to play though if you own the books, pencils and dice please bring them along.

Full Season League Members will be expected to bring certain materials but those are outlined in the packet. Please contact me for additional details if you are interested in playing out the season and in the playoffs to be crowned the champion of the CBL.

League members please make sure you are here on time so there are no delays in starting.

Event: Calgary Battletech League Match #2
Where: Myth Games #4 3434 34th AVE NE; Phone: 403.769.1909
When: May 24, 2009 11:45am

Heimdall

Post by Heimdall » Tue May 19, 2009 4:02 pm

A Simple Raid Gone Wrong (An Intro to BT)

"It should have been a simple raid but it wasn't. Intel had the distribution of forces wrong and we had to fight our way clear or die trying."

This event will allow players to learn the basics of the game from the new Boxed Set for Battletech. If you are new this is a perfect way to learn and if you are a more experienced player this is all old school and gets you back to the basics! As well as a decent refresher for those that haven't played in awhile.

All materials will be provided for play and the rules of the game will be taught before and during play for any that would like to come out and learn how to play Battletech.

The scenario will be challenging and fun for all levels of experience so I would encourage everyone to come out and enjoy a fun game.

For those with the Boxed Set you may want to bring the Introductory Rule Book and the cardstock tables for reference but they are not necessary to play.

Event: A Simple Raid Gone Wrong (An Intro to BT)
When: May 24, 2009 1:30pm

Heimdall

Post by Heimdall » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:14 pm

Calgary Battletech League Match #3

The return of the Calgary Battletech League after a few years hiatus. Match 3 of the regular season.

The competition is tight and the race for the playoffs still close after the first two matches. It is anyone's to take even brand new League participants starting with this match!

Drop-ins are welcome and material will be provided for you to play though if you own the books, pencils and dice please bring them along.

Full Season League Members will be expected to bring certain materials but those are outlined in the packet. Please contact me above for additional details if you are interested in playing out the season and in the playoffs to be crowned the champion of the CBL.

League members please make sure you are here on time so there are no delays in starting.

Please be aware that we are playing in the very back room. Ask for Bruce or Lee for more information. One of us will be able to answer any questions you may have about playing in a match or becoming a full League member.

I hope to see you all out on a regular basis!

Event: Calgary Battletech League Match #3
When: June 14, 2009 11:45am

Heimdall

Post by Heimdall » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:23 pm

Summer's End (Intro to CBT)

A raid on the planet Summer would bring the joys of summer to an end for one side of the conflict or another.

This event will allow players to learn the basics of the game from the new Boxed Set for Battletech. If you are new this is a perfect way to learn and if you are a more experienced player this is all old school and gets you back to the basics! As well as a decent refresher for those that haven't played in awhile.

All materials will be provided for play and the rules of the game will be taught before and during play for any that would like to come out and learn how to play Battletech.

Event: Summer's End (An Intro to BT)
When: June 14, 2009 1:30pm

Heimdall

Post by Heimdall » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:39 am

Calgary Battletech League Match #4

With one third of the regular season finished, the rankings remain tight. The return of the Calgary Battletech League after a few years hiatus has been a success. Come out and see how you place.

The competition is tight and the race for the playoffs still close. It is anyone's to take even brand new League participants starting with this match!

Full Season League Members will be expected to bring certain materials but those are outlined in the packet. Please contact me above for additional details if you are interested in playing out the season and in the playoffs to be crowned the champion of the CBL.

Please be aware that we are playing in the very back room. Ask for Bruce or Lee for more information. One of us will be able to answer any questions you may have about playing in a match or becoming a full League member.

Event: Calgary Battletech League Match #4
When: June 28, 2009 11:45am

Heimdall

Post by Heimdall » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:46 am

Water Works (An Introduction to Battletech)

"Water is a precious commodity. Can you defend it from the raiders or will you be a part of the force that takes it?"

Event: Water Works (An Intro to BT)
When: June 28, 2009 1:30pm

Heimdall

Post by Heimdall » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:42 am

Water Works II (An Introduction to Battletech)

"Water is a precious commodity. Can you defend it from the raiders or will you be a part of the force that takes it?"

Event: Water Works II (An Intro to BT)
When: July 12, 2009 1:30pm

Heimdall

Post by Heimdall » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:53 am

Calgary Battletech League Match #5

With almost half of the regular season finished, the rankings remain tight and it is anyone's season, even players joining fresh now. The return of the Calgary Battletech League after a few years hiatus has been a success. Come out and see how you place.

The competition is tight and the race for the playoffs still close. It is anyone's to take even brand new League participants starting with this match!

Event: Calgary Battletech League Match #4
When: July 12, 2009 11:45am

Heimdall

Post by Heimdall » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:52 pm

Calgary Battletech League Match #6

With half of the regular season finished, the rankings remain tight and it is anyone's season, even players joining fresh now. The return of the Calgary Battletech League after a few years hiatus has been a success. Come out and see how you place.

If you would like to join the League as a full member please contact me with Interested in the CBL in the subject line.

Event: Calgary Battletech League Match #6
When: August 9, 2009 11:45am
Last edited by Heimdall on Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Heimdall

Post by Heimdall » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:58 pm

CBT: Settling Debts (An Intro to CBT)

"During the Succession Wars, nobles of every faction settled personal blood debts. This is one such occasion."

Event: Settling Debts (An Intro to BT)
When: August 9, 2009 1:45pm

Heimdall

Post by Heimdall » Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:32 pm

CBT: Graduation Day (An Intro to BT)

"A recent lance of graduates from Mechwarrior training find themselves thrust into action as raiders hit near the graduation ceremonies. It was time to put their training to work and defend the honor of their homeworld!"

Event: Graduation Day (An Intro to BT)
When: August 23, 2009 1:45pm

Heimdall

Post by Heimdall » Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:45 pm

Calgary Battletech League Match #7

With two-thirds of the regular season finished, the rankings remain tight and it is anyone's season, even players joining fresh now could still secure a spot in the playoffs for the Calgary Battletech League. Come out and see how you place.

If you would like to join the League as a full member please contact me with Interested in the CBL in the subject line.

Event: Calgary Battletech League Match #7
When: August 23, 2009 11:45am

Heimdall

Post by Heimdall » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:42 am

Calgary Battletech League Match #8

Only two matches remain in the season, can you secure a slot in the playoffs? Only way to be sure is to come out and participate.

The competition is tight and the race for the playoffs still close. It is anyone's to take!

Full Season League Members will be expected to bring certain materials but those are outlined in the packet. League members please make sure you are here on time so there are no delays in starting.

Please be aware that we are playing in the very back room. Ask for Bruce or Lee for more information. One of us will be able to answer any questions you may have about playing in a match.

Event: Calgary Battletech League Match #8
When: September 13, 2009 11:45am

Heimdall

Post by Heimdall » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:18 pm

Graduation Day II (An Intro to BT)

"A recent lance of graduates from Mechwarrior training found themselves thrust into action as raiders hit near their graduation ceremonies. They had stopped the raid cold and pushed the raiders back, now it was time to push them off their homeworld!"

Event: Graduation Day II (An Intro to BT)
When: August 27, 2009 1:45pm

Heimdall

Post by Heimdall » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:41 pm

Calgary Battletech League Match #9 (Final Season Game)

The final match of the regular season, can you secure a slot in the playoffs? Only way to be sure is to come out to compete.

The competition is tight and the race for the playoffs still close. It is anyone's to take!

Please be aware that we are playing in the very back room. Ask for Bruce or Lee for more information. One of us will be able to answer any questions you may have about playing in a match or becoming a full League member next year.

Event: Calgary Battletech League Match #9
When: September 27, 2009 11:45am

Heimdall

Post by Heimdall » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:25 pm

Calgary BT League Final Playoff Round and Special Event.

"The final round to determine the winner and League Champion of the 2009 Calgary Battletech League! It's the end of some stables' season, however the competition is not yet finished. Compete for benefits that can apply for next season."

All League members need to come this day as those that cannot make it will be pulled from their spot in the rankings and everyone else bumped up one spot. So it is possible that those that were eliminated last round can reenter the playoffs.

For those that do not make playoffs or were eliminated in a previous round there will be an alternate game which will also welcome drop-ins.

Full Season League Members will be expected to bring certain materials but those are outlined in the packet. Please contact me for additional details if you are interested in playing next season as we are already preparing. All that remains is to see who will be crowned the champion of the CBL.

Please be aware that we are playing in the very back room. Ask for Bruce or Lee for more information. We will be able to answer any questions you may have about becoming a full League member for next season.

Event: Calgary BT League Final Playoff Round and Special Event.
When: November 8, 2009 11:45am

Heimdall

Post by Heimdall » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:29 pm

BT: Black Sunday Redux (An Intro to BT)

"During the 3rd Succession War occasionally chemical agents were used. Recently a lance of raiders gassed a nearby town killing hundreds. The local militia have finally caught with them. Justice shall be served!"

Event: Black Sunday Redux (An Intro to BT)
When: November 8, 2009 1:45pm

Heimdall

Post by Heimdall » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:22 am

Jihad Chaos Rampant Campaign Scenario #2

The second scenario for the Hades' Hounds walk-in Jihad Campaign arc - Chaos Rampant.

FREE-FIRE ZONE

[Drummer One]: "I've got four unidentifieds two blocks out."

[Drummer Three]: "There goes the neighborhood."

[Drummer One]: "This is Toranaga Stables to unknown BattleMechs at Harbor and Lake. Identify yourselves or we will open fire."

[Drummer Two]: "Did you get a gander at their markings? Those're Black Lion boys!"

[Drummer One]: "I say again, unidentified 'Mechs currently at the intersection of Harbor and Lake, ID yourselves. You've got ten seconds before we open it up."

[Drummer Three]: "I'll take the Blitzkrieg. Ron, you snag that Bushwacker. Babs, you got a positive ID yet?"

[Drummer One]: "Hell, no. They're not squawking any IFF...and considering what happened last night in uptown Montenegro, I'm inclined to just beat the crap out of them."

[Drummer Two]: "Target lock! Third boy's a Centurion-and it's wielding an axe!"

[Drummer Three]: "Y'know, that Cenny on the vids last night had an axe."

[Drummer One]: "That tears it. Bring 'em down, boys!"

SITUATION
Border of the International Zone
Solaris VII, Lyran Alliance
4 May 3071

Barely twelve hours after landing at some smuggling station well outside of Nowhere, all hell broke loose in Solaris City proper. Lucky for you, plenty of people were looking for hired guns to augment their forces. The best offer came from Zelazni Stables, who wanted you to go in with another assault force and seize a few warehouses in the International Zone. With the Blakists occupied in their urban renewal of Montenegro, this op seemed pretty easy.

Most materials will be provided for play, though if you have a favorite set of dice I encourage you to bring them. Players of all levels of experience are welcome and encouraged to participate. The Total Warfare rules are in use for this campaign.

If you would like to build your own force, please email me for the lance construction guidelines for Hades' Hounds. I would ask, if you can provide your own record sheets and miniatures that you do so, if you cannot but plan to attend please email me and I will be sure to pack miniatures to represent the 'Mechs in your lance as well as print off record sheets for you to use.

All walk-ins are more then welcome to pull up a chair and jump on in. You will be provided pre-generated forces to use. The game and its rules will be taught as required.

I hope to see you there.

Event: BT Jihad Chaos Rampant Campaign Scenario #2
When: November 15, 2009 11:30am

Heimdall

Post by Heimdall » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:48 pm

Calgary BT League Awards Day

The season is over. The playoffs are finished. All that remains is to hand out the awards and prizes. Well done all.

Come out for the final day of the League. See who won what and enjoy the camraderie of friendships made, war stories told and a sit down game of Battletech after the awards are handed out.

Destroy your League opponent one last time just for the pure pleasure of it. Or anyone that sits down and joins in for that matter.

All materials will be provided but please bring your Total Warfare, dice and pencils if you own such.

I hope to see you all at Myth, starting at 11:45 am on Sunday the 22nd of November.

Heimdall

Post by Heimdall » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:29 am

Calgary Battletech League Draft Day 2010 and Event

The Draft itself will begin at noon with a copy of the revised League Packet available for browsing, though it will be sent out later today to those who are returning to the League. The event takes place on Sunday March 21.

It will be followed by:

BT: Mediums for a Marauder

"Pilots square off in Medium Mechs to win the purchase of a Marauder II for their stable."

Dueling warriors in medium mechs battle to win the purchase of a Marauder II from the Magistracy.

Normally this would be a League event only but a number of you haven't responded to the mail regarding League so I am setting up this event as an Agent event and to give notice that League Draft Day is this day as well starting at noon.

All materials will be provided and the League packet will be available to look over. Though if my mail server gets up in time, I'll have it sent out before then.

This event is open to any player, league or not and if you are only interested in the event then it starts at 1pm.

Heimdall

Post by Heimdall » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:42 pm

Calgary Battletech League Season 2 Match 2

The competition will be tight. Can you knock off the defending Champ! The only way to find out is to come out and play!

Event: Calgary Battletech League Season 2 Match #2
When: November 14, 2009 11:45am