Gauntlet GNL-T04

Discuss tips & ideas, seek out or give help on conversions, painting and the minis themselves.

Moderators: AVA MANGO TWO, Ravion Hawk

BlackHornet
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Gauntlet GNL-T04

Post by BlackHornet »

Code: Select all

How does it look?                                  Do you like this better?
ImageImage
Last edited by BlackHornet on Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
BlackHawk01-"Everyone knows a cool BattleBuggy needs a bitchin' set of pipes..."

AVA MANGO TWO
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by AVA MANGO TWO »

Nice concept and it matches the design well, im thinking from an artistic point of view that the HPPC's might look better positioned under the fore arms instead of them being side mounted, other than that it looks ready to get a lick of paint. :D

BlackHornet
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by BlackHornet »

I can give it a try.

Here's some company mates. The Kojin, BushMaster and a Halberd Punisher.
BlackHawk01-"Everyone knows a cool BattleBuggy needs a bitchin' set of pipes..."

AVA MANGO TWO
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by AVA MANGO TWO »

The Bushwacker / master is looking sweet with the Gauntlet arms and Black Lanner LRM side torso's, hmmm ive never used them on a bash before anyway some nice lookig work here well done. 8)

Phelan Kell
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Phelan Kell »

Been away too long so forgive my ignorance, but those minis look like a composite/plastic material instead of the pewter that I'm used to getting. In fact it's been so long now it took me a second to remember who I used to buy from (IronWind Metals). More info please!

Edit: Or are those just primed metals? See, told you it's been too long! Sitting here re-reading how-to guides.
[fullalbumimg]2551[/fullalbumimg]

Khan Phelan Kell
Clan Command Trinary (The Golden Keshik)
Alpha Galaxy (The Dire Wolves)
Clan Wolf-in-Exile

BlackHornet
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by BlackHornet »

Phelan Kell wrote: Edit: Or are those just primed metals? See, told you it's been too long! Sitting here re-reading how-to guides.
Yes they are just primed metal, think it makes it easier on the camera to get the details.

Thanks guys!

AVA MANGO TWO
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by AVA MANGO TWO »

Weapons positioned under the fore arms look much better without a dought. :)

BlackHornet
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by BlackHornet »

Very good! Now to figure out which mini those weapons came from?

thatjimboguy
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by thatjimboguy »

I'll add in one more vote for mounting the HPPCs under the arms
"Win if you can. Lose if you must, but always cheat" - Jesse "The Body" Ventura

AVA MANGO TWO
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by AVA MANGO TWO »

BlackHornet wrote:Very good! Now to figure out which mini those weapons came from?
OOP Clan Kraken. :wink:

BlackHornet
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by BlackHornet »

AVA MANGO TWO wrote: OOP Clan Kraken. :wink:
Well nutz :evil: and thank you.

IAMCLANWOLF

Post by IAMCLANWOLF »

I think I have some of these arms somewhere. Great bash! Though, I think I like the original with the guns on the side of the arms better. Probably the only one though.
My Portfolio

FOREVER [Ulric] KERENSKY!

Teppudama
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Teppudama »

Although I too like the look of the weapons mounted under the arms, for the sake of being able to grasp things from the ground, that would pose a problem. With them mounted to the side, it would allow for the pilot to simply rotate the fore arm to grasp something from the ground, such as for raiding, with the need of gathering supplies and running being a concern.
I don't really know which way I would go with it, but really do prefer the look of the under arm mounts.
Crimson Ace Dragoons
Mercenaries for Hire
Pantheon Arms
Arms and Munitions Manufacture

BlackHornet
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by BlackHornet »

Teppudama wrote:Although I too like the look of the weapons mounted under the arms, for the sake of being able to grasp things from the ground, that would pose a problem. With them mounted to the side, it would allow for the pilot to simply rotate the fore arm to grasp something from the ground, such as for raiding, with the need of gathering supplies and running being a concern.
I don't really know which way I would go with it, but really do prefer the look of the under arm mounts.
The arms are just Archer arms with CAV: Regent shoulders.
Thoughts on this. While I orginally mounted them outside just for the reasons you described. With them mounted under the arm and by the elbow you can clear the hand if they are on pivot mounts.
So do you think It'd be a good idea to mount one rotated into a stowage position?