Scales...

Show off your creative building skills, read how-to's and provide/receive construction help.

Moderators: AVA MANGO TWO, Ravion Hawk

AVA MANGO TWO
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Scales...

Post by AVA MANGO TWO » Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:06 pm

OK if your a bit like me and look outside the preverbial box for terrain to use on your battletech table, sooner or later you will come across railway model buildings and terrain features.
So if you arnt to sure on the scale of railway items compared to wargameing items you can now use the chart below :wink: zac

http://www.maddog.delta-v.org/chart.htm
Last edited by AVA MANGO TWO on Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

navigator

Scales...

Post by navigator » Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:17 pm

Wow! Thanks. Its nice to get this all on on two neat pages.

I am in the finishing touches stages of building an Overlord Dropship in 1/226 scale (1'=.053), which I see roughly conforms to "Z" scale (1'=.054"). It stands over 2 feet tall, about 1' wide, and is a great way to display my BT model collection. It is also helping me track damage extents in a battle transpiring over Ozawa, circa 3026.

I chose this scale because the Ral Partha Battletech infantry miniatures stand about 6' tall at that scale. Since they look "right" next to most of the RP Battlemech minis, I used them as my baseline.

As I have posted elsewhere in this site, RP vehicle and aerospace minis hover around 1/350 scale, going by cockpit and hatch size. This is fine for gaming, but not for dioramas.

One solution is to put the "undersize" minis on a base that conforms to their profile at "Z" scale... establishing a stayout zone. If you care about how much stuff your opponent can load in any kind of carrier, this becomes important.

AVA MANGO TWO
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by AVA MANGO TWO » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:26 pm

Wow! Thanks. Its nice to get this all on on two neat pages.
Its a pleasure im glad its of use to some of you :)
I am in the finishing touches stages of building an Overlord Dropship in 1/226 scale (1'=.053), which I see roughly conforms to "Z" scale (1'=.054"). It stands over 2 feet tall, about 1' wide, and is a great way to display my BT model collection.
Well i really hope that when its completed that you will post some photos of your Overlord for us all to drool over. 8)
One solution is to put the "undersize" minis on a base that conforms to their profile at "Z" scale... establishing a stayout zone
The only problem with Z scale is its pretty hard to find any good companies that produce this scale, also the vehicles in Z scale tend to get pretty expensive especially industrial vehicles such as crains, flatbed haulers and bulldozers... :) zac

Davitch
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Davitch » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:22 pm

The above link appears to be "dead." :(

AVA MANGO TWO
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by AVA MANGO TWO » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:28 pm

NUTZ yup its dead, oh well and it was so clear, nicely laid out and easy to follow too... :( ill try and locate something to replace it with.
Here is another not as good as the other one but its better than nothing... :)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_scale_model_sizes

ExodusRoad
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Archive.org

Post by ExodusRoad » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:18 pm

James Herbert | President Exodus Road Hobbies | Twitter

AVA MANGO TWO
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by AVA MANGO TWO » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:21 pm

Many thank's ExodusRoad. 8)