Upcoming Mech Hangar from Xmark.com

Show off your creative building skills, read how-to's and provide/receive construction help.

Moderators: AVA MANGO TWO, Ravion Hawk

Dread
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Upcoming Mech Hangar from Xmark.com

Post by Dread » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:15 am

Brian has been working this project for a while now, but he tells me that I should get the first casting in a few weeks.

http://www.xmarx.com/Comingsoon.html

http://www.xmarx.com/Blog.html
"Ejection seats are for wimps! Real men ride 'em to the ground!" -- conversation overheard between a VTOL pilot and an aerojock.

AVA MANGO TWO
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by AVA MANGO TWO » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:38 am

That looks very promising indeed and will make a most welcome edition to quite a few wargame / gamers tables, i like the multi story buildings he did last time around but the shipping is just to much for me to invest in a few bits of terrain (buildings) to add to my ever growing cityscape. :D zac

Lawgiver
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Lawgiver » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:52 pm

hopefully the massive size won't be too budget breaking.

Dread
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Dread » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:56 am

It's supposed to be modular so you can build it larger than just the six-mech bays. I had originally asked for a four-mech design, but I'm happy with what he's got.
"Ejection seats are for wimps! Real men ride 'em to the ground!" -- conversation overheard between a VTOL pilot and an aerojock.

Batminimus
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Batminimus » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:49 pm

Now that looks great, I wonder how much it would cost to send to me????
"Eripio sumptus"
English translation
"Rescuing costs "

Dread
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Dread » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:19 am

I don't even know if he has an estimate yet. All I know is that I get the first one free for suggesting the idea. I'll look at the prices and decide if I'll have to pick enough up to put a full company in a hangar.

AVA MANGO TWO
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by AVA MANGO TWO » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:22 am

Ive just seen the proto type of this six mech bay hanger over on CBT and its very impressive indeed. 8) zac

Lawgiver
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Lawgiver » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:18 pm

Linkage from xmarx:

xmarx wrote: This is the largest pieces I've done so far, and the most complicated. Its going to be a large kit of 50+ pieces. The footprint measures approximately 6 3/4" x 5 1/2" and its 3 3/4" tall. The bays are tall enough to hold and Atlas. Details will include removable doors on either side, personnel entrances (these fit the corridors) that can either be added or left off, 2 tier walkways around each bay, gantry that can be assembled such that it moves on it's tracks and the cross bar and also the kit will include various tool chest and the diagnostics terminal. Also as I mentioned in a previous post, if 6 bays isn't enough, then I'll also have 2 bay expansions available that will allow you to make as many as you want.

Dread
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Dread » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:01 pm

I just received the first of the production run. It's nice, to say the least. The only issue I have is that the bays are a bit tight on the wider mechs (new Marauder), and the ones with a lot of depth from nose to tail (Behemoth II) hang out half way into the walk way. Other than those very minor issues, the overall piece is fantastic.

Like he said, it's modular. The initial set is $49.99 for the first six bays. This includes three floor pieces, six wall slabs, four thinner inner wall frames, four thicker outer wall frame/door frames, and two door slabs. The kit comes with a host of doorways molded to properly fit the inner and out faces of the slanted walls, inner walkways, overhead hoist, computer terminals, and three roof slabs.

$15.99 will get you another floor slab, a roof slab, and two more wall slabs with two of the thinner of the inner wall frames.

Overall the piece is excellent quality. It's exactly what I've come to expect from Brian's work.

AVA MANGO TWO
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by AVA MANGO TWO » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:18 pm

Ive seen all the seperate parts you will recive after buying this product and i have to say it looked very impressive and straight forward to construct definatly with the wargamer in mind as it looks like a very solid piece of terrain once built as you can see from the above photo's.
The only thing i have to mention that concerns me is the price $49.99 for the basic kit and a additional $15.99 for two add on commpartments which are optional isnt cheap, so for example if i wanted to order this mech hanger with extra compartments its going to cost me about $90-$100 inc P&P, i really do like this product but for that kind of money and no offence intended i can get a bucket load of different buildings from other companies... :? zac

Dread
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Dread » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:41 pm

Sure, but the vast majority of them are solid, as far as I know. I've seen a plethora of things that can be used to simulate battlescape, as well, but I had seen nothing that actually came close to the mech hangar. That is, unless it was specially built by someone for their own diorama.

It is expensive, but I feel that it's worth it to have a couple, especially given that I'm working on putting together a military base diorama, and that my model crafting skills are not the best.

AVA MANGO TWO
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by AVA MANGO TWO » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:43 am

A couple.... :?

Joker
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Joker » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:06 am

Great Hangar!

I´ll order 4-5 of them for my mechfactory. :D

Joker

OLDZOAT
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by OLDZOAT » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:19 am

8) These cool looking Mech hanger. They are on e-bay now. I' am trying for one right now.
ImageImage

Dread
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Dread » Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:03 pm

Also, AMT, since this kicked off, there has been a bit of a shift in your favor, economically. The dollar is now about 2/3 of a pound (Euro?). Should ease some of that tension in your chest about getting one.

AVA MANGO TWO
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by AVA MANGO TWO » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:36 pm

Dread your mech hanger is a fantastic looking piece of terrain perfect as a center piece for a industrial or military style table layout, ive heard nothing but praise from the people that have bought them thus far. I picked up a MW4 Factory mid last year and i already had a couple of OldCrow mech hangers so that will do for my needs... :D

Dread
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Dread » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:39 am

Old Crow mech hangars? Do tell...

AVA MANGO TWO
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by AVA MANGO TWO » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:19 am

ImageImage
Above is one of Old crows mech hangers straight from there site, below it is of two that i painted up. The corrigated blind door slots into the side supports so that it can be removed or cut to slide up or down, inside there is only minor detail but you can easily add all sorts of stuff from your bits box which i have done, its also tall enough to house a Resculpt Atlas. 8)
Upwards view of the detail inside that i added sourced from my bits box an old micro machine car, and the chain is just twisted fuse wire.

shalom itay
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by shalom itay » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:03 pm

Talking about your diorama, Dread, how is it coming along?

Dread
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Dread » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:29 pm

I wish it were, man. I quickly came to the realization that I just don't have room in my current living conditions to do what I want to do, and my time is too limited to be able to make any sort of appreciable progress on anything else. I've got a smaller diorama that's been sitting on my desk in pieces since this past summer. Zero progress since cutting and drilling.

I'm probably going to have to wait on every thing until I get a house, which will be after I can go over seas for a year or two.

*Sigh*