BTU EXCLUSIVE: "RONIN'S RAMBLINGS"

Enjoy conversations with Battletech fans. Exchange ideas, ask questions, post new content.

Moderators: AVA MANGO TWO, Ravion Hawk, Steve Ronin

Steve Ronin
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Re: BTU EXCLUSIVE: "RONIN'S RAMBLINGS"

Post by Steve Ronin »

Greetings Readers.

Welcome to my 401st post!

My house's primary heatsink ate itself 10 days ago, so cockpit heat is making me woozey.

I have a single small emergency heat sink, and it is going 110% to cool a bedroom enough so I can sleep.

It was 96F outside today, so the house interior was 89F and humid/sticky as heck.

Welcome to the South, where we bathe in our summertime atmosphere. *yuck*

I've fulfilled & closed out my latest contract, so now I'm looking for work again.

I'm just too dang good at my job.

No gaming nor painting on my part, sorry.

So it's your turn: Paint something, play a game, POST IT HERE!

But most of all: Stay Safe Out There.

*Ronin OUT*

REPLY to RONIN'S RAMBLINGS HERE

Steve Ronin
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Steve Ronin »

Hello Friends and Readers.

Yes, I live. Again, I apologize for not keeping up with this meandering thread.

But if you browse the website, you'll see I'm here daily, keeping up with new ideas and booting the spam.

I had to replace my home's A/C unit with a whole new Carrier heat pump.

While not cheap, at least it works and is more efficient than the previous unit.

I have found a new, long-term contract: I"m back to supporting Uncle Sam's Misguided Children.

I came |THAT| close to an USAF contract, but after a familiarization briefing, my experience guided me to RUN AWAY ... and so I did.

I've dealt with THOSE specific headaches before; but I've not the heart nor stomach lining to deal with them again.

So I'm working again: and the car promptly broke down in protest.

$1200 later, I'm back in the commute again. :(

That means I'm currently only able to window shop all the pretties I see on eBay. :(

But then yesterday, I came across a listing that hit me like an AC/20 shot.

https://www.fortressminiaturesandgames. ... onsignment

Look carefully at the descriptions... do you see it?

Seven listings of units painted by our dear departed friend, RPGsheets, James Degenhardt.

Seeing those cut my heart to the quick: I really miss James.

Even tho we never met in person, we did talk by telephone regularly and conversed nigh daily here.

I know I'm not the only person to miss our friend.

I wish I could purchase one of these lots, but alas, financial health prevents it.

Instead, today or this weekend, take a few moments to raise a paintbrush in honor of James.

Paint something.

game somewhere.

Stay healthy.

and mostly: Stay Safe out there.

*Ronin OUT*

Steve Ronin
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Steve Ronin »

Hello Readers.

Today is September 11th, 2021.

it has been twenty years since THAT day.

Son & Heir barely remembers that day.

To my princess ... it was history before she was born.

but for many of us: We Remember.

and we Remember to honor the sacrifices of THAT day.

Facts
Nineteen men hijacked four fuel-loaded US commercial airplanes bound for west coast destinations.
A total of 2,977 people were killed in New York City, Washington, DC and outside of Shanksville, Pennsylvania.
The attack was orchestrated by al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden.

The Victims
At the World Trade Center (WTC) site in Lower Manhattan, 2,753 people were killed when hijacked American Airlines Flight 11 and United Airlines Flight 175 were intentionally crashed into the North and South Towers, or as a result of the crashes. The victims ranged in age from two to 85 years. Approximately 75-80% of the victims were men. At the Pentagon in Washington, 184 people were killed when hijacked American Airlines Flight 77 crashed into the building.

The Heroes:
343 were New York City firefighters, 23 were New York City police officers and 37 were officers at the Port Authority.
Near Shanksville, Pennsylvania, 40 passengers and crew members aboard United Airlines Flight 93 died preventing the hijackers from attacking their targets: the US Capitol or The White House.

Never Forget.
Rebuild. Punish. Forgive. Redeem.
Never Forget.

20 years ago, I spent 36 hours straight, working at the Red Cross: helping people donate Blood, money, food, water and their time to assist their countrymen.

Today or this weekend: please take a moment to remember. And if you can; help your countryman: volunteer or donate.

For so long as we Remember and we continue to assist those in need: the American Spirit wins.

If you got a moment: buy a firefighter a beer.

Stay Safe out there, my friends.

I miss you all.

*Ronin OUT*